St. Walburg's church, Arnhem. Late-medieval (14th century) catholic church, devoted to St. Walburg (a.k.a. St. Walburgis, St. Walburga). After the reformation the building was used as prison and arsenal (among others). In 1808 it was returned to the Catholic church. The left tower collapsed (and was rebuilt) after a badly executed renovation in the 19th century. The church was largely destroyed during the battle of Arnhem (part of Operation Market Garden) in 1944, and rebuilt after the war. Since 1964 the church is a basilica.